While we do occasionally review Adult Fiction, our primary focus is on YA fiction.
The reviews posted here are simply our thoughts on the books we read. Not all reviews have been solicited by the authors or publishers unless otherwise specified in the contents of the review.
Any physical book that is received by our reviewers will NOT be sold, but may be donated or given away as a prize on this blog. Any ebooks received will NOT be shared outside of the reviewers on this site.
- We do not receive (or accept) payment for reviews. The reviews on this site are here because the reviewer chose to post them. (Please note that we do link to an Amazon and/or Book Depository affiliate link for books we review. This has yet to yield any sort of income for us. In the event it does, the money will be used to offset the costs of our monthly giveaways).
- We gladly accept digital copies for review via NetGalley.
- We do our best to review every ARC/Galley received, however there are times when the book just doesn’t grab us. Every book gets at least 100 pages before we put it down. If we are unable to finish the book, we will not post a review – not even a “could not finish” review.
- Not every book will receive rave reviews, however, even if we finish the book and aren’t crazy about it, we do our best to find something positive in the work.
- Again, not all reviews have been solicited by authors or publishers.
- Please do not send your book without first sending us an email requesting a review. Please use the “Contact Us” form.
- Please don’t be offended if we are unable to review your book. We all have day jobs and families that keep us busy.
- Someone will reply to your inquiry for a review as quickly as possible with a “yes” or “no thank you”.
- If you need your book reviewed by a certain date, please add this information when you contact us.
- Please review the reviewers pages for information on what types of books they will read, any preferences they have on format, etc.
- Our reviews will be honest. We don’t believe in scathing reviews or belittling authors on their art. Reviews will be honest, but tactful.
- We will include the following:
- Cover Image
- Release Date
- Publishing company
- Our own synopsis and brief (spoiler free) review
- Our rating
- Link to Goodreads
Our ratings are as follows:
[A] – Loved everything about the book. Highly recommended and would read it again.
[B] – Really liked the book. Definitely worth reading and talking about.
[C] – The book was ok, but not “blow your socks off” amazing.
[D] – Something isn’t clicking. The book was okay, but not the reviewer’s cup of tea.
[F ] – Didn’t like the book.
[DNF] – Couldn’t finish the book